Monday 16 May 2011

Perfectionism

Perfectionism. That is one reason that explains why I took a lot of time for designing my blog layout. Damn, I spent almost 2 days to do the design part such as header design, color composition, and widget code editing. At the same time, I'll have 2 exams on next Monday and Wednesday T.T Why did I do this? Haha, but don't worry, while I was editing widget code I learned some javascript logics. So it's quite helpful for my programming exam, isn't it??

Yea, my perfectionism always makes me want to give the best for what I'm doing. According to Mr.Wiki perfectionism has negative and positive aspects. Its negative aspect has two forms that are procrastination and self-depreciation. Procrastination happens when perfectionism is used to postpone task  ("I can't start my project until I know the 'right' way to do it."). I think I suffered this a lot, hahaha. Meanwhile, self-depreciation happens when perfectionism is used to excuse poor performance or to seek sympathy and affirmation from other people ("I can't believe I don't know how to reach my own goals. I must be stupid"). It seems this problem doesn't happen to me because I often self appreciate my self lol.

Don't forget the positive aspect of perfectionism! Perfectionism can drive people to accomplishments and provide the motivation to persevere in the face of discouragement and obstacles (Roedell, 1984).  For example, Michelangelo's perfectionism may have spurred him to create masterpieces such as the statue David and the Sistine Chapel. The other example is my blog design, haha. This is the product of my perfectionism. 
Although I only ended up with black and white color composition, I think it is enough for newbie, haha. For the header image, I made it in photoshop. I was thinking about what is the best logo for my blog. Then, the best idea that I could found was that empty-sliced-head with silly face, haha. For the next layout, I would like to improve my logo using illustrator and human sketch! emmm, maybe 3d max for the next next neexxxt version.  


1 comment: