Friday 20 May 2011

What I miss and what I will miss Part 1

10 more days to come until I go back to my real life in Yogyakarta. When we have left our original city for 5 months, it's normal that we miss something that only available in there. For me, what I miss the most is ... FOOD! Especially my favorite food e.g. nasgorsap (beef fried rice), gudeg (I don't know the english name), and sgpc (rice+vegetables+peanut sauce). I used to eat gudeg for breakfast, sgpc for lunch, and nasgorsap for dinner. That's why I got fat during my univeresity life, haha. Here they are:
Gudeg is a traditional food from Yogyakarta, Indonesia (where my university is located). It's made from young jack fruit boiled for several hours with palm sugar, coconut milk, and additional spices. The latter give brown color to the dish. Gudeg is served with white rice, chicken, hard-boiled egg, tofu, tempe, and a stew made of crispy beef skins (sambal goreng krecek). Sounds nice? My favorite gudeg is Gudeg Bu Hj Ahmad. It's located in the way from my dorm to my university https://foursquare.com/venue/5370085 . Just give me a call if you are there, I'll be roll up for you! haha.

Sgpc (sego pecel - Javanese language), another traditional food from the same city, is a type of dish which use peanut sauce. It is used to flavor the main course such as white rice and boiled vegetable. The latter one is the one which make me like sgpc, because I need a lot of fiber to reduce my fat, haha. My favorite sgpc is Sgpc Bu Wiryo 1959 https://foursquare.com/venue/1747533?page=2 .

Save the nicest food for the last. Nasgorsap (stands for nasi goreng sapi -- beef fried rice) is a common fried rice with a fantastic taste! Its flavor tastes similar with Indomie (famous Indonesian instant noodle) flavor. Maybe, this is why I really like nasgorsap. But, it isn't the only reason. There are many reasons that I can't explain. Find it by yourself https://foursquare.com/venue/1755411 !

At the first time I arrived in NTU, I hardly found nice food to be eaten. For me, foods in here are too tasteless. In addtion, chili sauce in here isn't spicy enough for me. What a struggling condition for me at that time (Struggled because of food, what??). Finally, in the middle of March, my struggle was over. I found my saviors! haha. They are pasta and grass jelly soya milk:
I usually order pasta in Nasi Padang stall in canteen B https://foursquare.com/venue/14158771 . I often eat pasta with egg, sliced chicken, and beef lung. Not really healthy eh? Don't worry, I have grass jelly soya milk for the counter. I order it from Mr. Bean stall which is also in canteen B. Actually, pasta and soya milk aren't that special but I really like their taste. I like the spicy flavor from pasta and the natural fresh sensation from soya milk. Yea, that's why they are my saviors!

10 days later, I won't be able to eat them anymore. Hence, they are the one that I will miss when I go back to Yogyakarta. Just call this feeling as food melancholy, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment