Monday 16 May 2011

A Question in Mind: Threshold Question

"What are some ways information technology can help ... to achieve ... ? " This was the typical question that appeared several times in my exam this morning. This question is my today inspiration because I hardly answered it, haha, kidding, (honestly, 50% kidding). I found that this question was the question which should be kept in my mind. This simple question leads me to think about the technology side of anything. As I want to have a career in business technology field, it helps me a lot to develop critical thinking about issues in my field. If one is able to develop critical thinking, the ideas and solutions will be like water flowing from the mountain spring. Just call this question as my field's threshold question.

I call it threshold question because it opens a kind of portal that leads into new or previously accessible way of thinking. This meaning seems similar to threshold concepts because both of them have an almost similar usefulness. The threshold concepts are used to understand a field of study comprehensively. Once you understand the threshold concepts in a particular field of study, we can easily understand the other concepts in that field. For example, my SAP lecturer said that the threshold concepts of SAP is the modular concept. Hence, you can easily understand all the things about SAP if you understand about modular concept.

Back to threshold question, do other fields have threshold question? I think the others can have their own threshold question just like threshold concepts. Hmm, I tried to look for an example for the other fields but I couldn't find it, haha. The most important thing is the question should lead us to develop critical thinking and then we can fully understand our field of study or even develop new idea. So, what about yours? Good luck for finding your threshold question!

No comments:

Post a Comment