Saturday 21 May 2011

What I miss and what I will miss Part 2

It's been 3 months since I left Yogyakarta. At that time, I left my comfort zone which was substantially formed by my friends. I left the comfort of group studying with Ephy, Gle, Anti, and Abi. I also left the comfort of dormitory living with Iko, Fahran, Dexa, Kukuh, Arya, etc. For sure, I also left the comfort of having a girl friend, Rizka, :P .
I really miss that comfort zone. Now, some of them have left Yogyakarta while I have a lot of things to do in the next couple of months. I know that I won't have the same comfort zone although I'll go back to Yogyakarta. Maybe I'll have it but not that perfect. I won't regret it because leaving our comfort zone is necessary if we want to develop ourself. Yea, that's how we roll.

When I arrived in Jurong, I realized that I would struggle to find the new comfort zone. Fortunately, I didn't wait for long time to find it. I found a lot of new friends who also found me in their comfort zone. I met Brij from India, my roommate, who latter become my Yoga Guru! I met Adi, Chandra, and Gadis who are Indonesian scholars in the same exchange program with me. Exploring the new life in this small country with them is a really big experience for me. The other scholars also make me feel the life in here couldn't be more perfect. Last but not least, I met my high school friends and Indonesian moslem full-time students. They helped me a lot to adapt in here. Special thanks to the romantic couple, Laras and Arie, who always ask me to sing along the Lonely Island's songs, haha.
Ten more days before I leave Singapore, I know that I will miss this comfort zone. Time flies so fast and the cycle goes on. One more time, I'll leave my comfort zone. And one more time, that's how we roll. Thanks a ton!

3 comments:

  1. So, you'll get your ass back here? I think about how many fungus growing in your room :p

    Oh one more thing, activate name/url commenting feature, please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ben!
    I really thank you for taking care of me and making my stay so much more comfortable and fun. It wouldn't have been the same without you!

    All the best!

    -Brij

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ben!

    Thank you for being a thesis mate!
    Hahaha

    -Adi

    ReplyDelete